Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Spring Break
Over spring break I visited my friends in Ohio at their school Central State University and then I headed to Atlanta to visit my Uncle to enjoy the nice weather and scenery. I left school the Thursday before spring break started, because I had to get the train to Chicago that night in order to get the Friday 8:00a.m. Megabus to Ohio. I almost missed the bus to Ohio because I was standing at the wrong bus stop, but fortunately someone told me where to go. The trip was five hours long. Since I traveled alone it was kind of boring. I had my computer and my IPOD though. Halfway through my trip I discovered I didn’t have a movie player downloaded onto my computer and I couldn’t watch SEX and The City. I was so disappointed because I was really looking forward to watching it. I continued to listen to my IPOD until I fell asleep. My neck started cramping so I had to wake up. It was an uncomfortable ride until the passenger sitting next to me got off in Indianapolis and I had two seats to myself. At 2:00p.m. I finally arrived in Ohio. I was relieved and ready to take a real nap, but I had to wait another hour before my friends could come get me because their school was an hour away from the bus stop. When I got to the campus I was so relieved but also surprised at the differences compared to ISU. My friends stayed in an all girls dorm and their rooms were so small. Their beds folded out from the wall. The whole time I made fun of their rooms. On top of the small rooms their meal plans consisted of swiping only three times a day and they couldn’t swipe in guest. This affected me because I couldn’t eat. They didn’t have any groceries and they had no car to travel and get food. I stayed there for 3 days and left on Sunday. I really enjoyed my time there we went to the Alpha fraternity’s party and just hung out with the students. Monday morning I headed to Atlanta on an Air Tran Plane. This was my first time flying alone so I was pretty scared but after we took off and was in the air for awhile I calmed down. Before I knew it I was in Atlanta. While in Atlanta I went to the King Center, Spelman and Morehouse College, Stone Mountain and several malls. I got to see the carriage Martin Luther King Jr. was carried in and I got to see his wife and his burials. We walked to his house but we couldn’t go in because we hadn’t signed up for the tour. After the historic part of my tour I got to do something I do best and that is shopping. I went to four malls throughout my stay and only brought home one bag. Overall I really enjoyed my spring break but I couldn’t wait to get back home so that I could rest before it was time to get back to work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteYour spring break sounded very interesting mines was so boring...
ReplyDelete