Friday, April 10, 2009
Bloomington Normal
If some of my friends decide to visit the town of Normal I would tell them not to come. If they were persistent on coming then I would tell them to stay on campus because that is where most of the activities and festivities happen. If they wanted to go outside of Normal I would say “We have plenty of places we can eat like Chillis, Ruby Tuesday, Olive Garden, and Outback.” I wouldn’t suggest they go to the mall because it’s a big disappointment. They should only resort to Eastland mall if it is their last resort. We could go to Wal-Mart, Target, and borders but these are the same stores we have back home so it wouldn’t be much fun. If they decided they wanted to just get on the bus to tour the town I wouldn’t suggest this either because we would have to wait until the end of every hour to get a bus. The only perk about the bus is it’s free for College students and everyone else pays a dollar. So after this heartbreaking news they ask so what will we do on campus and I would say “Well there’s more to do on campus then there is to do in the whole town.” We can eat for free in the dining centers. Catch a movie in the Capen auditorium that would only cost us a dollar a piece. Go to the Rec Center and play some sports or we could save some money and go on the quad and join someone else’s game. We could go to the BBC Center and bowl, sing Karaoke, or shoot some pool. We cool chill in any room in any dorm because everyone is friendly. We could play cards or other board games in the dorms or we could go to the Bone Student Center and relax. We could probably catch a basketball, football, soccer, baseball, or volleyball game depending which is in season. We could go to a frat party in one of the frat houses. Like I mentioned before I really wouldn’t suggest my friends visit Normal because it’s pretty boring here. I would only suggest they came down to visit if there was something big going on campus like Homecoming weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Quasheena -
ReplyDeleteYou say it's boring, yet you provide a wide variety of activities to do - activities that sound fun!
- Kathleen