Thursday, March 26, 2009
Getting Involved on campus
One of the events I attended on campus was a UPB (University Program Board) event. Every so often they host events to allow students to view popular movies in the Capen Auditorium. They usually show older movies first followed by more current movies. The cost is only one dollar and there is free popcorn. The night I went I saw the movie Role Models starring Sean William Scott and Paul Rudd. My three six friends joined me. When I first arrived a got my free popcorn and walked around the Capen Auditorium to inspect what other things they were selling. They had movie snacks like candy bars, skittles nachos, chips and a host of other things. They also had Different members of the UPB advertising other upcoming events and advising students to take some of their pamphlets. When we first arrived it was a nice crowd and people were excited. Upon entering the auditorium where the movie was to be shown I noticed a crowd of people sitting, trying to find seats and just socializing. When the movie began it was some chatter but it quickly died down. Throughout the movie the crowd cheered and laughed. The environment was great. It was a positive atmosphere. It was group of college students enjoying a comedic film on a Friday night with free popcorn. When the movie adjourned everyone clapped and cheered more and we headed home. Overall I have to say I had a fun night and it was a wonderful experience. I would definitely go out and support UPB again. One of the things I learned was to get out and get involved.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have been to many UPB events and I do think they are fun as well. And I go with a bunch of friends.
ReplyDeleteWait, I'm confused. How many friends were you with? Three or six? Or was it three groups of six? Or three six-year-olds?
ReplyDeleteI haven't actually gone to one of these events, but every time I see an advertisement for them, my roommate and I swear we will go. Maybe we should work harder to follow through with our plans. :)
ReplyDeleteI kinda wanted to see Role Models. I heard it was pretty good and funny.
ReplyDeleteI went to a similar UPB event but it was back when they showed "Nick &Nora's Infinite Playlist" and "Zack & Miri Make a Porno". It was a lot of fun :)
ReplyDelete